Thursday, August 11, 2011

Etsy takes it to the Streetsy of New York!

This morning I was having a conversation with a colleague on a busy street when a young woman approached me and said, “Excuse me, I love your clogs!” I looked down and admired my recently acquired, long-coveted, black leather clogs. Then, a quick second later she asked me the inevitable follow-up: “Where did you get them?” I gladly told her the name of the shop and the address, too.




Maybe all of us have experienced a version of this polite, complimentary inquiry. However, I’ve often wondered why no one ever asks the more intriguing question: “Who made your clothes?” With this in mind, we decided to ask regular folk on the streets of New York City, followed by a more important query: “Do you care?”



It was a fascinating and fun experiment, and it gave us an idea: We’d love to hear from you! Where does your clothing come from? Do you know who made it — and do you care?

Story by:  blevison

No comments:

Post a Comment